One of the most tragic things to happen to our beautiful city of Glasgow happened of Friday night,at 10.27 a helicopter crashed into the roof of the Clutha Bar,my best friends mum & dad were in the bar at the time,she got out but unfortunately he died,so so tragic for everyone involved my heart goes out to all the families of the victims.All we can do now is be their for them all,today We are going to the site to lay flowers with my friend & her little boy.it won’t bring anyone back but it will make us all feel like we are doing something positive.love u so so much DDoll always here for you all xxxxxxx
Our tickets have arrived for our Xmas nite out this year we are going to the new Hydro in Glasgow for a wee bit of raving love it 💖🎶👯🍷
This week here they are doing a lot of fundraising at both schools for children in need,Rach baked 80 cupcakes & donated them to the bake stall,she has been to talent shows & all sorts of events have been going on all week Molly’s school has been the same,today they were to dress in something spotty & pay £1.I think it’s really important kids learn about charity it’s been really good for them this week they seem a lot calmer & more considerate of each other just by talking about it all together it’s lovely.last year their schools raised over £5000 for this charity & I hope they do as well this year.
This weekend Scott’s away on a boys weekend & Rach is at her dads so Molly & I have a rare weekend where it’s only us at home,we’re looking forward to it we have our popcorn in for Saturday night tv & Molly would like to learn how to tie her shoe laces & her school tie so that should keep us busy,Molly has a party on Sunday & apart from that we will just chill out,probably FaceTime sister & friends,maybe have a wee walk along the river to feed the ducks & swans & if I’m really lucky Molly will sleep past 6am & il get a lie in aswell.cant wait love the weekends 💖
1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don’t feel like it, don’t go. Don’t ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay to not know. Everyone always despises the phrase, “I don’t know” but no one tells you that it is okay to not know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don’t tear down, they build up.
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don’t like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, “I don’t think I can” or “But what if I am not able to?” and give yourself a chance. This may be cliche, but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won’t work the same and you won’t have the best memory, and you are going to wish you’d given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don’t be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make “the one” matter less. Don’t fall into that idea that your first love has to be your best love. Fall in love as many times as it naturally happens.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first kisses, first dates, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane - first times were made to be imperfect. Just because it’s messy and all over the place, doesn’t mean it can’t be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. “Fat” is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body type isn’t beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren’t happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do - make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing.
I love this time of day when everything’s done that needs done & it’s a wee bit too early to put the veg on for tea,if I’m not working I can steal a bit of time to myself in my bedroom watching a movie Molly’s happy playing for a wee while & Rach is at her dads til 8pm,Molly will be up shortly when her game runs out,but til then I’m just kicking back enjoying the peace,the simple things in life are sometime the best & to be made the most of even if it is just 20 mins!this morning from 630am I was running around getting the house & kids organised for the gas man I thought was arriving at 8am but never arrived til 11am then working for 4 hours before picking Molly up fr school so it just makes this all the sweeter,bliss 💖